Update on COSCO and Industrial Action at Patrick Terminals
Further to our notice earlier today, we have received updates from COSCO that the port congestion and industrial action at Australian ports has significantly disrupted their South East Asia service network. Their vessels on this route have been delayed around Australian Coast for two to three weeks and they anticipate the situation to worsen further.
As a result, they have stopped accepting South bound bookings which are either loading or connecting ex South East Asia region until further notice.
Industrial Action Update at Patrick Terminals:
Further to our update sent on Tuesday, we have been informed that additional adjustments were made to these planned actions. As per the latest news, below is what’s recently announced in addition to already planned action:
Patrick terminals – Brisbane:
- Starting at 11 pm on Thursday, 1st of October 2020, there will be a work stoppage for 24 hours.
- PM shifts were closed from 3 pm today.
- R and D operations were closed from 2:30 pm yesterday till 7 am today.
Patrick Terminals – Fremantle:
- Starting Friday, 2nd of October, there will be six periodic work stoppages for a period of one hour each at 5 am, 6 am, 1 pm, 2 pm, 9 pm and 10 pm every day for an indefinite period of time.
- Starting at 7 am on Tuesday 29th of September, there will be a work stoppage for 24 hours.
- R and D operations on Saturday 26th of September Day shift have been cancelled.
- Public holiday working hours will be adjusted accordingly.
Patrick Terminals – Sydney:
- Starting 6 am on Friday 2nd of October 2020, there will be a work stoppage for 24 hours.
- There will be changes in normal operations throughout the industrial action period. Road operations will cease as per below:
Friday 25th September, 9 pm to 6 am next morning
Saturday 26th September, 9 pm to 6 am next morning
Sunday 27th September, 9 pm to 6 am next morning
Patrick Terminals – Melbourne:
Nothing new since our last update.
These are challenging times indeed and we will do our best to keep you informed.