Temporary issues with our System + DP World Terminal Fremantle – MUA’s Industrial Action
Attention: Shipping Manager
Temporary System Failure:
As advised in our yesterday’s notice, we are still experiencing major issues with our software. This system failure is an industry wide issue which is currently being experienced by most of the industry members and is being worked on round the clock, by engineers across many different countries. Please bear with us while the technical teams work on restoring the total system functionality. Thank you for your understanding and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
MUA’s Industrial Action at DP World Terminal Fremantle:
We have just been informed by our contacts in Perth about the upcoming Maritime Union of Australia’s Industrial Action at DP World terminal Fremantle. The protected Industrial action will include bans on shift extensions, working overtime, accepting late call ins etc.
Planned schedule for these actions is given below:
- From 06:00 am on 25th December till 14:00 pm on 27th of December, there will be a ban on working on all vessels.
- From 22:00 pm on 27th December till 22:00 pm on 28th of December, there will be a ban on working on all vessels.
- For the day shift starting at 06:00 am on 29th December for an indefinite period of time, there will be a ban on working on all vessels.
- From 14:00 pm on 1st January 2021 till 14:00 pm on 2nd January 2021, there will be a ban on working on all vessels.
- All terminal operations will stop during these hours and work restrictions will apply.
Despite the successful negotiations between MUA and DP World terminal in Sydney, it is sad to see that this action has now shifted to Fremantle port. Our fear is that if actions like these continue during the current peak season, we might experience major congestion at Fremantle port just like we experienced on Australian East Coast ports.
We will keep you updated with latest developments as they become available.