Port Botany Protest and MUA Industrial Action at VICT and Patrick Terminals
Attention: Shipping Manager
Port Botany Area Closure
We have been advised by our contacts of a planned protest at Port Botany, Sydney that will take place on Thursday 10th June 2021 from 4 pm to 6 pm at the intersection of Friendship and Bumborah Point Roads. Due to the protest, all vehicles and persons will be prohibited from going into/out of these two major roads between 2:30 pm and 6:00 pm.
This restriction will impact any employees that work in the closure zone and limit the capabilities of depots during this period. The details of the restriction are given as below:
- Pickup or delivery of cargo will be allowed till midday. Any vehicles that arrive after this time will not be permitted to enter the facility.
Please expect disruptions to the pickup and delivery of your cargo due to the closure/restrictions at the port during this time.
MUA Industrial Action at Patrick Terminals
In addition to our previous notices about Maritime Union of Australia’s (MUA) Industrial action at Patrick Terminals, we have been informed of additional industrial actions at the terminals in Sydney, Brisbane and Fremantle.
The details of these actions are as below:
- Sydney terminal – A ban on working overtime for 14 days, starting from 6 am Thursday 17th June 2021 and finishing at 6 am Thursday 1st July 2021.
A ban on shift extensions for 14 days, starting from 6 am Thursday 17th June 2021 and finishing at 6 am Thursday 1st July 2021.
- Brisbane terminal – 1 hour of work stoppage at 3:30 am, 11:30 am, 7:30 pm each day, starting from Tuesday 15th June 2021 and finishing on Thursday 17th June 2021.
- Fremantle terminal – Days on which an employee is rostered as ‘off/avail’, there will be a ban on attending work starting from 7 am Friday 11th June 2021 and finishing at 7 am Wednesday 30th June 2021.
Please expect some delays and interruptions to vessel schedules and container operations during these periods due to the labour shortage.
MUA Industrial Action at VICT Terminal, Melbourne
We have also received notices from FTA regarding Maritime Union of Australia’s (MUA) Industrial action at VICT Terminal in Melbourne. The announced actions are major and will have negative consequences on the flow of containers in and out of the terminal.
- VICT Melbourne terminal – 12 hours of work stoppage at 6 pm each day, starting from Friday 11th June 2021 and finishing on Wednesday 16th June 2021.
We will keep you updated with any further information.