Industrial Action at DP World Terminals – Latest Update
Since we last updated you yesterday, more details have emerged on the MUA’s Industrial action at DP World Terminals across Australia. According to the latest release from DPW terminals, work restrictions include overtime, shift extensions and various bans on employees working above their pay grades. Below is how each terminal will be impacted:
DPW Sydney Terminal:
- No changes since our last update yesterday. From 4th August till 1st September, there will be three periodic work stoppages every day for one hour each at 5 am, 1 pm and 9 pm. Due to these work stoppages, no time slots will be issued for 4 am, 5 am, 12 pm, 1 pm, 8 pm and 9 pm every day.
DPW Brisbane Terminal:
- Since 21st July, work stoppages three times a day for a duration of one hour each at 6 am, 2 pm and 10 pm
- Starting Friday, 7th of August, work stoppages every Friday for a duration of 24 hours from 7 am to 7 am Saturday.
- Vessel operations and non-automated operations will stop during these times.
DPW Melbourne Terminal:
- Since 21st July, work stoppages three times a day for a duration of 2 hours each at 5 am, 1 pm and 9 pm.
- From 8th August, the timing of these stoppages will be changed to 4 am, 12 pm and 2 pm every day.
DPW Fremantle Terminal:
- Since 18th July, work Stoppages three times a day for a duration of one hour each at 1:30 am, 9:30 am and 5:45 pm
- From 3rd August till 7th August, work stoppages for a duration of one hour each at 1:30 am, 5 am, 9:30 am, 1 pm, 5:45 pm and 9 pm every day.
- From 6 am on 8th August, work stoppages for a duration of one hour each at 5 am, 6 am, 1 pm, 2 pm, 9 pm and 10 pm every day.
These work restrictions and cancelled slots will cause delays in vessel turnaround times and container pickups or deliveries from DPW Terminals.
We will keep you updated as we hear further.