COVID-19 positive case at Patrick Terminal in Melbourne and MUA Industrial Action latest updates
Attention: Shipping Manager
- Patrick Terminals – Melbourne and positive COVID-19 case
We have been advised of a COVID-19 positive case reported at Patrick Terminal in Melbourne on Friday 01st October 2021. Consequently, there have been 22 close contacts detected, which are now required to isolate for 14 days. According to the manager of the Melbourne terminal, this represented approximately 20% of the available workforce, as a result, significant delays are expected in the upcoming days.
Due to this reason, the terminal has formally requested the MUA to withdraw their industrial actions in Melbourne. Unfortunately, this request was declined and strike action occurred over the weekend, and the actions will be further extended to this week as follows:
- 4 hours of work stoppage starting at 3 am on Wednesday 06th October 2021 and Friday 08th October
- 8 hours of work stoppage starting at 11 am on Wednesday 06th October and Friday 08th October
Current delays are forecasted to be between 7-10 days but most believe this will increase further, into the range of 12-14 days.
In addition, further to our previous notices, the industrial actions at Patrick Terminals in Brisbane and Fremantle will also be further extended:
- Patrick Terminals – Brisbane
4 hours of work stoppage starting at 11 am and at 7 pm on Friday 08th October 2021
- 24 hours of work stoppage starting at 11 pm on Wednesday 13rd October 2021
Delays are expected as a result of this latest round of industrial action.
- Patrick Terminals – Fremantle
1 hour of work stoppage at 4 am, 12 pm and 8 pm each day, starting from Monday 11th October 2021 and finishing on Saturday 23rd October 2021
The terminal operations continue to be impacted and some vessels’ port stays were extended due to these strike actions.
- Patrick Terminals – Sydney
Delays in Sydney are forecasted to reach an average 5.8 days by the 11th of October.
We will keep you updated with any further information.